Spars and Rigging
• Custom aluminium fractional double swept back spreader rig, including Dyform rigging.
• 2 hounds height spin take offs with spectacles and 1 centre halyard sheave.
• Airfoils section adjustable spreaders fixed to S/S root plates.
• Insulated anodised aluminium gooseneck and vang take off.
• Custom stainless steel metal work for spreader roots and chafe guards.
• Custom aluminium boom with 2 reef lines and cascade outhaul system.
• Telescopic adjustable boom vang.
• Twin groove headfoil.
• Custom running rigging of Vectran, Spectra and braided polyester.
• Spinnaker pole butt lift system on mast.
• Masthead windex with light.
• Spun tapered spinnaker pole.
• 2:1 Mainsheet system leading along the boom then aft along deck to winches forward of helm position.
• Traveller with purchase leading on deck through a ratchet block and cleating on cockpit side.
• Jib sheet system with purchase connecting to the jib car and jib in-hauler.
• Spinnaker Sheeting. Single stand up block for spinnaker brace. Single spreacher block with becket for spinnaker sheet lead. Tidy up cleats in cockpit.
• Foreguy. Split system leading up on to the cabin top on both sides.
• Mast base. Fixed halyard blocks at mast base leading aft to jammers and through deck organisers to winches on cabin top.
• Hydraulic adjustable backstay.
Hull And Deck Structure
• Hull and deck laminates are of cored construction using vinylester and polyester resin.
• One piece GRP laminated structural grid designed to incorporate the keel attachment, mast step,
engine mount and rudder bearing for strength and durability.
• Exterior of hull and deck finished in white gelcoat.
• Vacuum bagged composite and ply bulkheads.
• Non slip surface on deck, coachroof and cockpit.
• Moulded toe rails on foredeck and foot chocks in cockpit.
• Low profile polycarbonate sliding hatch.
• Custom stainless steel chainplates, forestay and backstay takeoffs.
Mechanical And Steering
• 30HP Yanmar diesel engine with sail drive and 80 amp alternator. Fresh water cooling, wet exhaust system with water trap and discharge through transom.
• Engine instrument panel with tachometer and alarm for oil pressure and temperature.
• Throttle control at helm position.
• Fuel filter/water separator.
• 100 litre stainless steel fuel tank.
• 2 blade folding racing propeller.
• Balanced spade composite rudder and fully sealed roller bearings top and bottom.
• Recessed racing wheel.
• Accommodation designed to meet IRC and IMS requirements.
• Designated navigation area with provision for navigation equipment and electronics.
• Galley with sink and freshwater foot pump, food and galley equipment storage area, two burner stove.
• Large capacity icebox suitable for refrigeration.
• Ventilated head area with head and vanity sink.
• Large owners double berth on the port aft side with hanging locker and storage.
• Modular L shaped saloon with feature radiating teak timber table finished in high gloss.
• Settee on starboard side, which doubles as a hinged sea berth with hard bottom berth below.
• Exposed moulded surfaces finished with high gloss gelcoat featuring timber trim and a satin finish. Other exposed surfaces coated with sprayed matt textured finish.
• Settee cushions of 100mm, medium density foam covered with high quality custom fabric.
• Moulded engine cover incorporating companionway steps with non-skid treads.
• Teak and Holley removable timber flooring.
• 2 x 2 speed 44 self-tailing mainsheet winches.
• 2 x 2 speed 46 primary winches.
• 2 x 2 speed 40 Quattro self-tailing halyard winches.
• 560mm round anodised aluminium opening hatch to forward area.
• Custom fabricated stainless steel pushpit, pulpit, stanchions and stainless steel wire lifelines.
• Halyard jammers.
• 1 x Main halyard
• 1 x Genoa halyard
• 2 x Fractional spinnaker halyards
• 1 x Topping lift
• 1 x 3:1 Butt lift system
• 2 x Mainsheet traveller lines
• 2 x Spinnaker sheets
• 2 x Spinnaker guys
• 1 x 2:1 Foreguy line
• 2 x Genoa sheets
• 2 x Jib car puller line
• 1 x Mainsheet
• 2 x Reef lines
• 1 x Cunningham control line
• 2 x Tweekers
• 1 x Main leach line tackle
• 1 x Outhaul tackle
• 2 x Jib in-hauler tackle
• High lift low centre of gravity keel with lead bulb.
• Keel is linked to floors and internal plates with stainless
• Manual fresh water system to galley and head.
• 200 litres fresh water in 2 bladder tanks.
• High grade reinforced PVC tubing.
• Bronze through hull fittings with closing seacocks where
• 2 manual bilge pumps, 1 above deck and 1 below.
• Manual operation head.
• 12 volt DC electrical switch panel with circuit breakers,
LED indicator lights, battery voltmeter and battery
• Interior halogen overhead and bunk lights (red & white).
• Battery selector switch.
• 2 x 100 amp hour closed cell batteries.
• Navigation lights on pulpit and pushpit.
• 12 volt outlet at Nav station.
- SYDNEY 38 YACHT -